Unstable Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unstable Connections a new Horde guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Cescayo

Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]   Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:27 am

personal Info:

- Cesc:
- 23:
- Scotland, UK:

1. Why are you interested in joining Unstable Connections?
My current guild done pretty well recently, but the server is dying a death and struggling to get players online to make current content raids is making it less and less worthwhile to stick around.

2. Do you know any members in the guild who can vouch for you?
Unfortunately no

3. Tell us a bit about yourself
Well i just graduated uni after a 4 year honour course in Physiology and Sports Science. I play amateur football and spend the time i'm supposed to be looking for jobs etc on wow atm. I take raiding seriously and focus down when its needed. However i do love to mess about with guildies and will chuck around a lot of banter.

About the character you want to reroll:

- Lisp:
- Rogue:
- Blood Elf:
- Mutilate - 51/13/7:

1. Why do you want to roll this class and spec?
Basically i played a lot of Hybrid classes recently, including Warrior, Paladin and Shaman. I do have an 80 rogue and it pains me to have it sitting there doing nothing. On the rare occasions i get a chance to raid (Usually VoA) or even pvp with it i have a hell of a lot of fun. To play Rogue at a high level as i feel i'm capable of requires some skill, the faceroll of playing ret pally is beginning to bore me.

2. What stats do you think are most important for you class/spec
Initially Hit is my everything, get poisons and specials capped before really chasing down anything else.
Agility is hot, it buffs rogues twice, AP and crit thank you please! (PvP Dodge = 3 times buff!)
And Expertise comes after that, bad dodges!

3. Are you willing to respec for raids to Provide the best possible setup?
Sure. I currently play Ret Pally as main spec, but often will switch to prot when the need arises. I tanked TBC on my warrior so its not outside my comfort zone.

4. Which professions will you take and why will you take them?
Initially i'm going to level with mining and herbalism purely for money making. At 80 my raiding professions are likely to be JC as even with the nerfs it's still pretty hot. And probably inscription for some sweet shoulder enchants and so as to never need to do do hodir dailies again!

5. What Faction reputations will be most beneficial for your class?
I assume you mean WotLK factions by this, in which case the primary one is Knights of The Ebon Blade for the arcanum head enchant and some nice starter pieces such as the leather chest.

Raiding:

1. What raid experience do you have? List all the bosses/instances you have cleared
TBC: Cleared Kara, ZA, Maggy, Gruul, SSC and done all excpet Kael in TK.
WotLK: Cleared Naxx 10 and 25, VoA 10 and 25, Eye of Eternity 10 and 25, OS 10 and 25 (With 3 drakes on 10, think with 2 on 25)
Cleared Ulduar 10 with Hard modes on XT, IC and all watchers upto Mimi. Done all excpet Yogg on 25 man, with hard modes on XT, Freya +1

2. Are you comfortable with raiding 4-5 days a week when new content is released?
Yes, i have a hell of a lot of time to burn.

3. What do you believe is the key to progress raiding?
Theres no specific single element that is THE key to progress raids. Infact several things are key for progression including: Raid members who are keyed up on tactics and boss abilities, a positive and determined attitude, players who show intuitive responses to situations, it also helps if your dps can hit like a truck but hey not everything is about zerging.

4. What is the most important part of raiding for you?
You know that feeling, when you just spent hours with a boss facerolling you into oblivion and you wiped so many times, then boom it goes down. Que Vent cheering and much woop woop! It's really what makes it all worthwhile.

5. What internet sources will you use to learn more about your class?
For any new class i play i always check up on EJ, and continue to check back every so often to make sure i'm up to dat and not missing anything. I check MMO-Champion as well. And do some of my own tinkering using RAWR.

6. How do you believe you can contribute to Unstable Connections?
I bring a player with experience and knowledge of their class. A quick mind and an eye for solving a problem or finding a way to improve our chances of getting a boss down easier or quicker.

7. List all your important previous characters with armories included
Valefore - Current Raiding Character - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Valefore (Currently PvP spec and gear, but will log out with them as normal tonight and can re-post when updated to PvE)
Leivana - Current 80 Rogue - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Leivana
Lysp - The Shammy i play to mix it up at weekends and off nights - http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet.xml?r=Blade%27s+Edge&n=Lysp

8. What do you expect from Unstable Connections?
Some serious raiding and competition to be top of progression not only on Horde but on the Realm as a whole.

Comunication and gameplay:

1. How reliable are your computer & internet connection?
Both reliable, my PC is only 6 months old and pretty well kitted out.

2. Can you speak/understand English well enough to understand tactical commands?
Yes and Spanish or French too!

3. How many hours a week do you spend playing WoW?
Hard to set a certain amount, but atm since i'm kind of between work i'm on about 7-8 hours per day >.<

4. Will you soon be going to a university or demanding new job that may significantly affect your play times?
Nope

5. Are you willing to take constructive criticism to always work towards becoming a better player?
I'm always willing to discuss the pro's and cons of many things whether it be to do with my class, a class i know about or anything general about the game.

6. Are you able to make a long-term commitment to the guild?
Yes

7. Our raid days will be:

Mon -
Tue -
Wed -
Thu -
Fri -
Sat -
Sun -

are you able to attend at least 80% of these raids?

Yes, i currently raid about 6 nights per week whether it be guild progression runs or just raiding old content like naxx on alts for fun at the weekend.

8. anything else you might want to add to your application?
In me you get first the person, good fun, sociable, determined, willing to burst a gut to get stuff done and then theres the player who has experience, is well informed, enjoys the game and wants to be the best they can be.

9. Any questions you want to ask us?
Not right now but i'm sure i'll have some as we go along!
Back to top Go down
Tenebre

PostSubject: Re: Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]   Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 10:29 am

Hi Cesc, thanks for your application. Our officers are reviewing it and will let you know if we can offer you a slot in a short while.

For the meantime I have a question for you - Currently there are very few changes in 3.2 for rogues (most obviously the the use of axes being granted). Anyway, why would mutilate be your desired tallent build and playstyle end game? At a lacking gear level combat would allow expertise to have a minimal effect on your damage losses, more drawbacks at a modorate gear non-murderable targets would affect the value of your damage directly, and with the ammount of target switching in current content rotations are impacted a lot and may hinder rotations.

Don't get me wrong, playing what sumone finds fun and works for a player is the best option, but i'm just curious.
Back to top Go down
Zayr

Zayr

PostSubject: Re: Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]   Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 12:42 pm

Cescayo wrote:

2. What stats do you think are most important for you class/spec
Initially Hit is my everything, get poisons and specials capped before really chasing down anything else.
Agility is hot, it buffs rogues twice, AP and crit thank you please! (PvP Dodge = 3 times buff!)
And Expertise comes after that, bad dodges!

Just regarding using agi - pure AP gems can often be the better route to take. There's lots of interesting discussion of it over on elitistjerks and other places, but from what I remember, above a certain critical value, AP becomes more valuable than pure crit for mutilate. Worth checking out anyway Smile

Also, if you ever choose to go the route of combat, armor pen is your friend.
Back to top Go down
Cescayo

PostSubject: Re: Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]   Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 3:03 pm

I will most likely level in a combat build and so gear upon reaching 80 will probably be reflective of that spec and so the switch to Mutilate won't be instant. The goal is then to obtain the gear needed to aid the transition to Mutilate.I'm not against playing combat for a time.
And though the 2 specs are pretty well matched i still feel Muti spec has an edge over combat in single target DPS.
The complexity of the rotation is partly why i want to play the spec, its a bit more of a challenge and therefore its fun. In fights where target switching will take place obviously building and using combo points and keeping the rotation going requires a bit of management, awareness and anticipation, i'm looking forward to that aspect and taking it on rather than continuing "Faceroll, Faceroll, Oh must faceroll other target".

Yeah as i said i rarely get a chance to play my current rogue so i haven't been reading as much on EJ. But thanks for the heads up i'll check that out today when i get a bit of time.
Back to top Go down
Tenebre

PostSubject: Re: Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]   Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:41 pm

I am glad to let you know that after a large ammount of discussion we have decided to give you a spot.

All the best till the realms out and look forward to seeing you around in the meantime!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]   Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lisp - Muti - Rogue - Belf [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1