Unstable Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unstable Connections a new Horde guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Torai - Shaman [Accepted]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Torai

Torai

Torai - Shaman [Accepted] Empty
PostSubject: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:13 pm

personal Info:

- First name:Ruby

1. Why are you interested in joining Unstable Connections? I've been looking out for a good reroll project for a while, but haven't seen anything that looks like they're taking it seriously. I saw this post, visited this website, and I can see you're really going to put in some effort.

2. Do you know any members in the guild who can vouch for you? No

3. Tell us a bit about yourself I've just finished college (today actually), studying Art and Design First Diploma. I love gaming, Star Trek, Takeshi's Castle, and penguins. My favourite colour is a mix of red and purple, and I really want to buy a Siberian Snowgum (kitten). I'm moving to live with my boyfriend next week (Yay!). I really fancy an icecream right now.

About the character you want to reroll:

- In-game name:Torai
- Class:Shaman
- Race:Orc or Troll
- Talent spec:Enhancement or Resto (respective to races).

1. Why do you want to roll this class and spec? I love hybrids. Love them. I've previously raided with a druid and priest, but have yet to do so with a shaman. As my most recent character was a boomkin, I didn't want to go for elemental, which left me enhancement and resto. Enhancement would be something new, and on the other hand, resto would go back to my roots (I've spent most of my time in WoW healing). So both specs would offer something I enjoy.

2. What stats do you think are most important for you class/spec
Enhancement: Hit (until capped), Expertise, Int/Crit/Agility.
Restoration: Mp5, Intellect, Spellpower, Haste.

3. Are you willing to respec for raids to Provide the best possible setup? Definately, I'll always do my best to pull my weight.

4. Which professions will you take and why will you take them? Leatherworking and skinning, for the armour enchants and pre-raiding gear. Skinning to supplement leatherworking. At a later date I might swap skinning for a more beneficial profession.

5. What Faction reputations will be most beneficial for your class? For enhancement, Ebonblade, for the head enchant, and for resto, wyrmrest, also for the head enchant. Also Sons of Hodir, for the shoulder enchants.

Raiding:

1. What raid experience do you have? List all the bosses/instances you have cleared
WotLK:
Ulduar(10): Flame Leviathon, Razorscale, XT
Naxx(25): Plague, Arachnid, I've not done Thaddius, Sapphiron, or KT.
Naxx(10): Cleared
OS(25&10): Cleared
VoA(25&10): Archavon

I'd like to add, that while my raid experience may seem quite sub-par when compared to others, I am an extremely quick learner, and hard worker.

2. Are you comfortable with raiding 4-5 days a week when new content is released? I am Smile

3. What do you believe is the key to progress raiding? Concentration and preperation.

4. What is the most important part of raiding for you? Having fun with other raiders.

5. What internet sources will you use to learn more about your class? Elitist Jerks, tankspot, wow insider and mmo champion. I'll also use any other sources that get recommended to me by other players.

6. How do you believe you can contribute to Unstable Connections? I'm helpful. I'm willing to offer advice but not force it. I'm obedient. I will always contribute to guild progress as much as I can.

7. List all your important previous characters with armories included I can provide names and armoury links, but would rather not do so in a public forum. If you'd like I can PM them.

8. What do you expect from Unstable Connections? I expect the effort I put into firstly leveling, and later guild progress, to be recipricated. I also expect the members of the guild to be friendly, and want to have a fun time (it is a game afterall).

Comunication and gameplay:

1. How reliable are your computer & internet connection? Both reliable.

2. Can you speak/understand English well enough to understand tactical commands? English is my first language, so yes Smile

3. How many hours a week do you spend playing WoW? Too many for my own good. WoW's almost like a full time occupation for me! It's bad..I know..but it's far too addictive.

4. Will you soon be going to a university or demanding new job that may significantly affect your play times? I'll be moving house next week, but I highly doubt a new realm will appear that soon.

5. Are you willing to take constructive criticism to always work towards becoming a better player? Always. Learning is something that never ends, so there will always be room for personal progress.

6. Are you able to make a long-term commitment to the guild? Yes I am.

7. Our raid days will be:

Mon -
Tue -
Wed -
Thu -
Fri -
Sat -
Sun -

are you able to attend at least 80% of these raids?
Yes Smile

8. anything else you might want to add to your application? I'm applying along side my boyfriend, Flapjack, who I've been playing WoW with for more than a year now Smile
I'd also like to add, that where I've put down resto or enhancement, I don't mind playing either, so if I get accepted, and you have a preferance, let me know. Smile

9. Any questions you want to ask us? Not at the moment Smile
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:28 pm

Hey Rubi, I also have a few questions for you to start off with : You state that you have been playing with Ross for the last year, but have you raided before WoTLK? Enhancement wise its good that you go for hitcapped and expertise (soft)capped, but I was wondering why you've chosen for intellect as a proper stat instead of AttackPower / Haste? Restorationwise I was wondering how you think about crit & spells like Riptide, LWH & HW. As my last point I would also love to see some armory links in my pm Smile

Sincerely,

Daniel

P.S : I forgot to mention in my reply of Ross that we encourage players to RAF together, the faster we get people to 80 the faster we can get those Realm First! titles Smile
Back to top Go down
https://ucguild.forumotion.net
Torai

Torai

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 06, 2009 9:36 pm

Ahh, I raided upto Mount Hyjal during TBC, but didnt get any experience in Vanilla (I only started playing on the release of TBC). During TBC content I raided as a restoration druid.

I mentioned intellect, not as the best stat, but as a fundamental stat, because lacking mana means you can't use proc's as effectively. Haste is, I agree, an amazing stat, but I'd prefer agility over attack power as it scales better.

With restoration, I feel quite underwhelmed with riptide, and hw isn't fantastic. The best spell's in a resto shaman's array (imo) are lhw and ch. However, and this is relevant to both specs, I havn't had experience with shaman during WotLK, so my knowledge will have gaps in it. But then again, I want a challenge, not to play something I know off by heart. Smile

Armory links will be on their way Smile
Back to top Go down
Lyila

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:48 am

Torai wrote:
Ahh, I raided upto Mount Hyjal during TBC, but didnt get any experience in Vanilla (I only started playing on the release of TBC). During TBC content I raided as a restoration druid.

I mentioned intellect, not as the best stat, but as a fundamental stat, because lacking mana means you can't use proc's as effectively. Haste is, I agree, an amazing stat, but I'd prefer agility over attack power as it scales better.

With restoration, I feel quite underwhelmed with riptide, and hw isn't fantastic. The best spell's in a resto shaman's array (imo) are lhw and ch. However, and this is relevant to both specs, I havn't had experience with shaman during WotLK, so my knowledge will have gaps in it. But then again, I want a challenge, not to play something I know off by heart. Smile

Armory links will be on their way Smile

I'd also wish to see those amoury links if possible, but Riptide is a really awsome skill for resto shaman and for statsmyself i'd personally go

Int > Crit > MP5 > haste

Unless you had a chain heal based spec which would be Haste > mp5 > int > crit
Back to top Go down
Torai

Torai

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 12:50 am

I'll pm them to you Smile

Like I said, my knowledge on shaman is sketchy, so I'm open to instruction and advice, and will be doing some research when I begin leveling a shaman ^^ And once I start playing I'll get a better hang of things Smile
Back to top Go down
Lyila

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:12 am

Yes and thats really something that alot of people don't do, i know alot of players who just level and learn nothing about the class they leveled, but ahveing a breif knowlegde of the class is always a good place to start and if you do ever need help bot me chris and dan have all played shaman Smile.
Back to top Go down
Torai

Torai

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 1:21 am

I'm looking forward to learning the classes ins and outs Smile
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 2:21 am

Wish I could say as Dan wrote : Whisper an officer for invite but thats not possible:P

Welcome aboard and member access to the forum is done, so feel free to browse around:)

Sincerely,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Torai - Shaman [Accepted]   Torai - Shaman [Accepted] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Torai - Shaman [Accepted]
Page 1 of 1