Unstable Connections
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Unstable Connections a new Horde guild

HomeHome  Latest imagesLatest images  SearchSearch  RegisterRegister  Log inLog in  

Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Hooch

Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] Empty
PostSubject: Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]   Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:12 pm

Personal Info:

- First name: Jamie

Why are you interested in joining Unstable Connections?

I've been looking for something similar to this project for a fair while now, and seeing this I thought I'd better make an application before it's too late! Nothing beats rerolling with a group of people, and of course with the ultimate goal of being a top guild on the server.

Do you know any members in the guild who can vouch for you?

Unfortunately not.

Tell us a bit about yourself

I'm a 16 year old, edging ever closer to 17, eleven months down, just the one to go! I'm about to start the second year of sixth form, and with it my A2 year. I, as a large number of people do, enjoy my sports, football and rugby in particular, although I'm never one to say no to a bit of badminton or tennis.

About the character you want to reroll:

- In-game name: Likely to be Hooch, or if I somehow fail to get that name on a fresh server, it'll be Murf.
- Class: Rogue
- Race: Undead
- Talent spec: I hear mutilate's all the rage at the moment, but I'll need to look into it while waiting for a new server to pop up.

Why do you want to roll this class and spec?

I love rogues. I realised that at the end of Burning Crusade, unfortunately too late to have spent my whole time raiding with them. I also somehow managed to forget that I enjoy rogues with the release of Wrath of the Lich King, and I went ahead and rolled a Paladin. Which has been fun, but..meh.
The two rogues I've got to 70, a Blood Elf and a Troll, have slipped into a state of retirement, and when characters are in that state I can't find the motivation to get going on them, which is strange. However, whenever I roll a new character I get my teeth stuck into it, and don't stop till I'm at 80, and well on the way to ripping up some raids.
As to my spec, as I mentioned above, I'll need to look into it, never really got started on Mutilate so it may be nice to experience.

What stats do you think are most important for you class/spec

Need to stack loads of Intellect, and Spirit. That way my mana regen is just godly.
Agility, little bit of crit, bit more agility, Hit Rating (!), Expertise, Stamina and Haste if its going spare and then definitely agility.

Are you willing to respec for raids to Provide the best possible setup?

I would be, but from what I remember Rogue Healing is extremely sub par. If any bosses have an aversion to me using a particular kind of weapon or any other such difficulty, then of course I'll make the switch.

Which professions will you take and why will you take them?

Again, a difficult decision. I've always taken Engineering on 90% of my characters, but unless some serious changes arise that make it more viable for PvE and not just PvP, I won't be taking it. If I don't take it, which is likely, I'll take Jewelcrafting instead, and regardless of which of these I take I'll pick Mining.

So, Mining and Engi/JC

What Faction reputations will be most beneficial for your class?

All of them. First thing I do on a character is just slap on each tabard and start pounding through Heroics and Dailies. And Hand-ins if I desperately need to.

Raiding:

What raid experience do you have? List all the bosses/instances you have cleared

Right then;

Vanilla ;
Zul'Gurub - Clear
AQ20 - Clear
Molten Core - Clear
Blackwing Lair - Clear
AQ40 - All up to Twin Emperors
Naxxramas - All up to Sapphiron

All done as a healing Priest.

Burning Crusade ;
Karazhan - Clear
Gruul's Lair - Clear
Magtheridon's Lair - Clear
Serpentshrine Cavern - Clear
Tempest Keep - Clear

All done as a Mage, with the T4 Content done on a Rogue.

Wrath of the Lich King ;
Naxxramas - Clear (Heroic and Normal - Ever so close to Immortal several times)
Archavon/Emalon - Clear (Heroic and Normal)
Sartharion - Clear with 1 Drake
Sartharion (Heroic) - Clear with 2 Drakes
Malygos - Clear (Heroic and Normal)
Ulduar (Normal) - 11/14
Ulduar (Heroic) - 6/14

All done as a Paladin Tank/Healer.

I'm currently stuck in a guild with a leadership who feel as though Hard Modes and such are pointless, and don't even consider attempting them, so unfortunately, no Hard Modes for me.

Are you comfortable with raiding 4-5 days a week when new content is released?

I'm comfortable with doing that on any content, not just if its newly released.

What do you believe is the key to progress raiding?

Positive outlook, and people recognising their own mistakes, as well as other people's. For a successfull (Sp?) Progress Raid people need to be ready for wipes, with a decent stock of Flasks/Buff Food, and the atmosphere also needs to not be too pressurising, but not to an extent where people are failing to focus on basic things (Read: Move out of the Fire and the like)

What is the most important part of raiding for you?

That feeling when that boss who's been causing you problems for a while falls satisfyingly onto the floor. And the ensuing victory cries on Vent. Not the Achievement Spam though.

What internet sources will you use to learn more about your class?

Elitist Jerks - As always, I think everyone should at least give this a look over.
Tankspot Video Guides - The 25 Man video's are from a Ret Paladin PoV, so will be helpful with positioning etc.
Shadowpanther.net - Always good to know whats BiS

How do you believe you can contribute to Unstable Connections?

A solid, experienced player, who always arrives to raids in plenty of time, stocked up with Consumables. Oh how Cliché. I have also, in numerous guilds I've been part of, taken a role as an Officer, Class Leader, and Raid Leader.

List all your important previous characters with armories included

Unfortunately the Priest (Lysco) and Mage (Morse) I raided with in Vanilla and Burning Crusade were on a different account, which I've cancelled (/facedesk) and their Armory profiles wont show, if they even exist anymore. However, my two Rogues are as follows, in their poor gear.

Stickler; http://armorylite.com/eu/Boulderfist/Stickler
Kiona; http://armorylite.com/eu/Agamaggan/Kiona

And my Paladin; http://armorylite.com/eu/Arathor/Gethyn

What do you expect from Unstable Connections?

A guild where I can enjoy both the Levelling experience and the Raiding at the end of it. Alongside the standard banter and entertainment outside of raids.

Comunication and gameplay:

How reliable are your computer & internet connection?

Internet's never given me any trouble before, regularly sit around 60/70ms ingame.
My Computer used to be a trouble, but recently I gutted it, and upgraded pretty much every part. Now I have no trouble handling even the most graphic intense fights, sitting on around 60 fps in Dalaran and 80/85 elsewhere

Can you speak/understand English well enough to understand tactical commands?

English is my first and (arguably) only language, so yes.

How many hours a week do you spend playing WoW?

More than I care to think about, but I'm on for probably 5-7 hours a day ( ;x ) on most days.

Will you soon be going to a university or demanding new job that may significantly affect your play times?

Unless we're waiting a year and a half for a new Server to open, no.

Are you willing to take constructive criticism to always work towards becoming a better player?

Always, and I am also willing to give such criticism if I see someone making mistakes that the Raid Leader has missed.

Are you able to make a long-term commitment to the guild?

As i mentioned earlier in my application, if I start something I get stuck into it, and committing to a Guild is what I enjoy. Progressing with the same group of people is far superior to doing so with a different bunch each week. I have been in pretty much 3 serious guilds which I have fully committed to, regardless of my position in them, and I've only left very badly managed situations led to a mass exodus or a disband.

Our raid days will be:

Mon -
Tue -
Wed - Training till around 21:00 (Server Time), so unavailable till then.
Thu -
Fri -
Sat - Tend to go out in the evenings, but if I have plans, I won't sign for a raid.
Sun -

are you able to attend at least 80% of these raids?

I assume those days should have times after them, so I'll say that I play pretty much from 17:00-24:00 (Server Time) on most days, with some exceptions, that I've indicated on that list.

anything else you might want to add to your application?

A fair few of the guilds I've applied to in the past have had rules like "Say a joke at the end of the application or it'll be insta-decline"
but i don't see one of those here so I guess this is just a free writing area.

I think the applications pretty much covered everything, but should you have any further questions to me, just ask.

Any questions you want to ask us?

Is there any particular server type you're waiting for, or will it just be first server up is the server you use?
i.e, If a PvE server opens, would you wait for a PvP server and vice versa

Edit; Also, do you have an IRC server up where I can come and speak to people, or would I need to be accepted first?
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]   Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:35 pm

Your application is now being processed, we will get back to you shortly.
We plan to go for an PvP realm, but if no PvP realm is coming once they launch the new ones we will simply go for a PvE realm as planned now.

However since you can attend on Wednesdays, or be late as you said, do you feel that you can keep up the other 3 days that will mostliky be Mon/tue or thursday.
Since we will aim for atleast 75% attendence, please reply on this since it will help us process your application.

IRC is #UCGUILD @ quakenet. (You dont need to be member, just join it and chat with us)

Stay tuned for an reply.

Sincerly, Chris
Back to top Go down
Hooch

PostSubject: Re: Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]   Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:38 pm

I can easily maintain at least 75% of Raids, Wednesdays are the only days I definitely can't make raids, which is annoying.

Other than that, excluding emergency situations, I can attend every other day but Saturday's on occasions.

Kudo's on the PvP server choice as well, I definitely miss it.
Back to top Go down
Chris

Chris

PostSubject: Re: Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]   Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 07, 2009 7:47 pm

Thanks for the fast reply and great that you will be able to do that:)
We will get back to you shortly.

Sincerly,

Chris
Back to top Go down
Daniel
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]   Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 08, 2009 6:00 pm

Hey Jamie, we've discussed your application and we want to ask you to reapply at a later stage.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Sincerely,

Daniel
Back to top Go down
https://ucguild.forumotion.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]   Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hooch - Undead Rogue [Closed]
Page 1 of 1